Monday, January 28, 2013

And the sh*t has hit the fan...

It looks like I will be with Steven 24/7/365 in a few weeks. My husband is about to lose his job, having done hell knows what, and I cannot seem to get the school system to understand just how much danger Steven is in right now, due to the instability of his father. I cannot even get the principal to acknowledge me. They're so concerned about my son, what with him having the misfortune of being born to the parents that he has (because according to this state, I am just as much to blame as Steve for being his victim), but not concerned enough to actually help me protect him. When Steve loses everything, the last thing he will grab for before he self-destructs is my son. I don't want my son to be hurt or worse.

I am hoping that I can switch Steven's school (something that I originally didn't want to do) to a place that would be very hard for Steve to get to, but there is no guarantee of that. It's actually the school he is supposed to be attending; I had requested that he stay at his current school in an attempt to maintain stability for him. But it seems like no matter how hard I try, I cannot do this at all. I made a huge mistake in  my choice of husband, and now that he has finally hit rock bottom, I fear that Steven and I will really pay for it.

I have tried to talk to someone at the school, but they're too busy gossiping about this situation to do anything. I do believe that some people there are trying to be tactful, but all in all, I'm seen as a statistic. Young, unemployed, single, minority. Perfect mix for an effed up life. These things mean that my efforts mean nothing.

Well they're wrong.

I shall request that my son's school be changed, in the hopes that there will be just too much effort involved for my husband to try to get to him. Hell, it'll be difficult for me to get to him, but that barrier is the point. I'm trying to protect my child.

If this doesn't work, I will pull him out of school. It'll be hard, never getting a break. It'll be tiring. But until Steve jumps off of whatever cliff he's headed for, I have to protect my son. Until my husband is either stripped of custody, dead or in jail, my son is not safe. And that is that. And I can't live without  my little boy. He's been through enough. All I want to do is protect him.

People honestly act like Steve came up to me on the first day and said, "hi, I'm a batterer...can I take you out to dinner?"

Seriously?

No comments:

Post a Comment