Monday, September 14, 2009

Cousins

My son has finally met his cousin Ethan.

We've been waiting for this day.

My brother is up here for a few weeks to take part in a wedding in my sister-in-law's family. They'll be here for about two weeks. It's wonderful to see my older brother, he's by far the sibling I'm the closest to. But I must accept that with his presence comes a great deal of teasing. I get that from Steve, and when Larry was here I got that from Larry. Both of them...I just grit my teeth and half-smile. It's funny...but it's not, LOLOL

Watching Little Steve interact with his cousin has been interesting, fun, and educational. Little Steve has learned that he's not the only baby in the world, and he's not the only baby in the family. He's also been very frightened by Ethan's exuberance. Ethan is just as wild and happy as his Daddy. Steve is a bit more reserved like me. It's kind of hard though, watching him sit there and cry because he's shocked. But it's a good experience for him, because soon enough I'll be working and I need for him to be okay with Mommy going away for a while.

I'll post pictures once I can get home to my own computer (and once I can get a break). I'm enjoying myself too much right now. It's nice to get out of the house, it's nice for Little Steve to have a playmate, and it's nice to joke around with my asenine brother. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment